Where to find us
Zumaia, Deba and Mutriku, the three municipalities that comprise the Geopark territory are located on the central coast of the Basque Country, in the westernmost area of Gipuzkoan coastline. The geopark boundaries are the municipality of Getaria to the east; Aizarnazabal, Zestoa, Azpeitia, Azkoitia and Mendaro to the south (all municipalities located in Gipuzkoa); and the municipality of Ondarroa, in the province of Bizkaia, to the west.
The area has excellent transport links and is close to the three Basque capitals. San Sebastián, for example, is only 30 minutes by car and Bilbao, 50 minutes (driving time calculated from Zumaia, the most populated town in the geopark).
The territory can be accessed via the following road, rail and air connections:
- The A-8 (E-70) Bilbao-Behobia (French border) motorway, which becomes the ‘Autovía del Cantábrico’ continuing westward to Cantabria and Asturias, and crosses the entire geopark territory.
- The AP-1 Eibar-Vitoria motorway, which links the A-8 and the N-1 through the geopark territory.
- The N-634 San Sebastián-Bilbao road passes through the territory.
- The Euskotren railway links Bilbao and San Sebastián, and has two stations within the geopark territory (Zumaia and Deba): Euskotren
- Trains to Bilbao and San Sebastián from other destinations: Renfe
- Various local and regional public bus transport routes have numerous stops in the area.
- Bilbao International Airport is located 77 Km from the Geopark. Airport website